Wednesday, January 2, 2008

November

Halloween ended well... Jonathan a Mad Scientist, Gabby "Granger" as Hermoine, Anna as Stephanie from Lazy Town, and Paola is Jack Jack from the Incredibles.












Katy Mills mall has a carosel and the kids had a great time on it! :)









We went to the zoo with Grandpa Joe, Amy, and her sons Alex and Drytan. It's been so nice to share Pre-K with Amy, she's so wonderful with Anna. We will miss her incredible family when they move! We loved seeing the naked mole rat, honey-pot ants, and crawling through a glass tunnel within an aquarium! It was nice to get out of the daily schedule and just enjoy talking time with friends.









For Veteren's Day we took Grandpa Joe to Rainforest Cafe. We first sat by the Elephants but it scared Paola... so we sat closer to the fountain.









During one of my crazy manic days, I decided to fill the van FULL with pre-teens and take them to Skate Central in Stafford, Texas. We love it there! Not too busy, SO 80's, even with a disco ball.. and they do the Hokey Pokey! My kind of place! We had a blast! http://sk8-central.com/









Paola cleaning up the Nursery room after a church meeting. Wow, she's growing up too fast! Such a cutie!












Practicing a song for Church... I love the online music! Makes it so easy to practice! http://www.lds.org/churchmusic/









Grandpa Joe bought us flowers to pretty-up the front yard. Anna is such the gardener, she loved planting and loves watering. She will make a great botanist some day! :)









In November I started working part-time as a Social Worker (LMSW) at Kids Developmental Clinic... they have two clinics, one in Houston and one in Pasadena.
http://www.kidsdevelopmentalclinic.com/
It is a great pleasure to work with such professional people, so passionate about the welfare of their patients, its contageous! The patients are very nice too, I especially love interacting with the with children and helping the parents obtain resources for the betterment of their families! Each year KDC has a Health Fair. Somehow I was roped into the task of being the official face painter while Grandpa Joe escorted them around the fair. I really stepped out of my comfort zone, Carolina (my sister) is the freelance illustrator, I was always the math/science nerd. However, by the end of the fair I learned how to paint a really good Spider Man with accompanying web, so with that and a few rainbows, stars, and smiley faces, I was cool in the eyes of several of the children! Our kiddos all had a wonderful time as you can see. It was fun for our kids to meet new people, make new friends, and do things they don't always get to do... like rock climbing.










That is all for now! Love and miss you all!
-Git

No comments: